The general assistance program is a financial assistance program for those determined eligible and in need.
1. Enrolled member of a federally recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribe. Direct descendants or other state recognized American Indian/Alaska Native individuals are NOT eligible to receive General Assistance services
2. Does not have sufficient resources to meet the essential need items of food, clothing, shelter, and utilities.
3. Must reside in a service area, which is on or near the Blackfeet Indian Reservation.
4. Must apply at the same time for financial assistance from other state, tribal, country, local, or other federal agency programs for which s/he is eligible
5. Cannot receive any comparable public assistance
6. Must develop and sign an employment strategy in the Individual Self-Sufficiency Plan (ISP) with the assistance of the social service worker to meet the goal of employment through specific action steps including job readiness and job search activities.
For more information contact us at (406) 338-2111 or (406) 338-5265